Monday, May 27, 2013

Last day of summer

Today Is the last day of summer (I slept in till 8:30 today and I miss it already). Tomorrow I start working at the embassy here in Ankara, and I couldn't be more excited! I'm starting to get to know my surroundings better, and I'm getting used to everything that comes with living on your own in a foreign country.  I spent the day today trying to figure out where everything is (moderately successful), and tonight, hopefully I'm getting wifi installed.

But I've out together a compare and contrast of Bursa and Ankara for laughs.

Ankara good: high visibility
Ankara bad: tap water has high levels of lead and other heavy metals

Bursa good: tap water is spring water
Bursa bad: the Turks call it cloudy. It's smog.

I thought that this might make a few people laugh. Ad I don't worry about the water too much. Five liters costs about 80 US cents!

But I think that's all for now. Happy Memorial Day, and wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment