Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hattuşa and other updates

Wow, I've really not kept up with my end of the deal, promising to blog more regularly! But that aside, it's good to be writing again. I've finished my third week at the embassy, and it's been really interesting. I'm doing what feels like substantive work which is nice. 

Today, I went to the Ankara solid waste management and repurpose facility which was downright fascinating! Don't call it a dump. Hell, they're digging up old dumps and repurposing the garbage. Frankly really really cool!

Then I went to the Ministry of Environment talking with the EPA about turkey joining the Climate And Clean-air Commission. Followed by a meeting with Turkey's public housing ministry, then off to the Ministry of Development. It was a whirlwind of armored cars, çay, and  Turk khavesi. It felt good to be home. 

In short, I'm glad I'm at the embassy. I feel like I'm doing good work, and it's a good experience. 

Finally, check out my photos from Hattuşa on my Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment